Telix Pharmaceuticals Limited was established in January 2017 to create a new “theranostics” industry leader. The radiopharmaceutical landscape has historically suffered from lack of commitment to late-stage product development. As such, there are relatively few examples of where proven clinical concepts have made it to the final stages of manufacturing scale-up and commercialisation. Our mission is to rectify this.
Over the past two decades, radiopharmaceutical technologies have developed to a point of clinical maturity, but commercialisation has not yet followed. We believe that this is because of three major issues:
- Lack of investment and clinical commitment to running robust late-stage clinical trials (with few exceptions).
- Our view? We see renewed investor interest in the space and the mainstream pharmaceutical industry can no longer afford to ignore the clinical efficacy of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Lack of robust global supply chains guaranteeing that a dose can make it to patients anywhere, every day.
- Our view? This is changing fast and the advent of new commercially available isotopes such as 177Lu and 89Zr has been transformative to the industry by enabling centralised manufacturing of product.
- Lack of integration with “standard care” oncology.
- Our view? Radiation biology is a major part of oncology care but it can deliver so much more. The “next generation” of oncologists want molecular imaging and targeted radiation strategies as a standard part of their anti-cancer arsenal.
Our team is an experienced group of biopharma clinicians and executives, with a passion for theranostics, radiopharmaceuticals and oncology. We believe that the time for this technology has arrived and that superior efficacy has been demonstrated. Our pipeline currently focuses on unmet needs in cancer care, specifically in prostate, renal (kidney) and glioblastoma (brain) cancer. We are also keenly interested in partnership and in-licensing opportunities to further expand our portfolio.
We are based in Melbourne, Australia. However, the fight against cancer is global, and so is our team. Via our holding company, Telix International Pty Ltd, we conduct R&D, clinical and commercial activities in Australia, USA, Germany, UK and France.
Telix Pharmaceuticals Limited is an unlisted public company.